Sunday, June 16, 2013

I'm Back!

So sorry.  Work and school got a liiiiiiittle bit out of control, what with a promotion and then training and arguing about whether I was getting my AA when I transferred and why I need to take an English placement test for SJSU when I'm transferring in as an English major, for which I've already taken multiple major courses...

But anyways.  We'll never speak of this giant absence again.  Or at least we'll try not to.

Per my promise to Edd--that's one of my coworkers--I (we?) are re-starting our Insanity workouts.  Those of you who are unaware, Insanity is produced by the same company as P90X.  But, rather than 90 days, as the name implies, Insanity is only a 60 day program.  Also, it's more cardio work, rather than strength training.  I'll provide the link at the end.

Basically, there are a bunch of work-out DVDs, a calendar, a meal plan (which I don't follow...sorry, but way too much fish and shakes-for-meals), and, if you catch the deal at the right time, either a bonus set of DVDs with a compressed set of workouts or a really big sample jar of the shakemix from the company.  In theory I have the compressed workouts (about 15-20 min rather than the general 30-45 min)...in reality I have no idea where they are.  But the main set is on hand.  Just maybe not the calendar.   I'll find the calendar before tomorrow morning.  Before Tuesday morning for sure, or I won't be able to know which DVD I'm supposed to be on (the first workout is obvious, since it's the "Fit Test").  I don't know if any of you have tried the workouts from this brand before, but they--I believe--almost all have the same trainer, Shaun T.  This guy is maddeningly earnest.  It might sound ridiculous, but when he tells you to do something, you do it.  No joke, I honestly feel bad when I'm not able to push harder because that man stares into the camera and says he believes in you, you can do it, and I'm like...  OKAY.  I'LL TRY FOR YOU!    It's a little uncanny.  You should definitely look into this.  Or at least youtube it or something.  It's pretty funny.

Well...
We went sailing for Father's Day with Bruno's family (my dad is still in China...HI PADRE!), so I'm super worn out and currently waiting for an ocean of laundry to finish washing/drying.  I'm also in the last week before finals, so I'll probably be cranky as I post.  If I'm unable to post everyday, I will at least do weekly updates about how the workouts are going, how I feel, and how the "diet" is going.  Otherwise...TTYL <3

Insanity <Link!

No comments:

Post a Comment